simple is beautiful
Photo Business News & Forum: Merry Christmas
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

After days and days in shopping malls photographing "holiday displays" (come on, just call a spade a spade, they're Christmas displays!) for commercial clients who's entire business is all about decorating the malls around the country, my one wish would be that these malls install auto-power-off switches so that when I am working from 11pm until 6am in an empty mall, that I don't hear the same songs on rotation for days on end. But, alas, when I return home, and it's all about my daughters who are so excited to see Santa, listening to those songs takes on a different - more personal - meaning, and they somehow are not a bother anymore.

My wife asks what I want for Christmas, and I want for nothing. I am healthy, have a job I love, and a wonderful wife and two beautiful children. What more could I ask for?
  • Peace on Earth?
  • Good Will Towards Man?
  • Rights Respecting Clients?
  • Colleagues Who Value Their Own Talents and Rights As Much As Their Clients (secretly) Do?
  • A Photographer's Union?
Come on, let's be realistic, and just enjoy the holiday!


(Comments, if any, after the Jump)


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment