simple is beautiful
Photo Business News & Forum: Worth The Read - "I Shut Down The Little Rock Airport"
2 ... 2 ...

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Worth The Read - "I Shut Down The Little Rock Airport"

Eileen Blass of USA Today writes
Airline travel is a pain these days. I have been a staff photographer with USA TODAY for the last 18 years and I fly frequently. I've had my share of airport delays. Haven't we all? Lost luggage, long security lines, canceled flights, the works. Since 9/11, the two words I have heard most are "bag check". My travels on Friday August 24, 2007 gave the words "bag check" a whole new meaning. ...After checking in at the Delta counter,...I was enjoying my roast beef sandwich, when 20 minutes into our meal we --- and all others in the restaurant --- were told to leave immediately and proceed to the terminal exit. ...I was standing in the parking lot...Who was that official with Andrea...I was ready to ask questions, but he had a few for me. "Are you Eileen Blass" Yup, I said. "Are you flying out on Delta?" Uh huh. "Did you check a large black bag?" Yes. Then I heard my heartbeat in my head. Andrea and I looked at each other. Huh? This was my entire fault?




(Comments, if any after the Jump)


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment